POPULAR BATHROOM THEMES
Here are the most popular themes in bath decor. Some are pretty serious, while others are just for fun:
1) Romantic – Light wall colors, sumptuous textures, gold tones, gauzy window treatments, towel warmers, bubble bath, fresh cut flowers and potpourri set the scene.
2) Retro – Remember the small bathroom tiles popular in the 1950s, and the bold floral and geometric designs of the 1960s? They epitomize retro style.
3) Cape Cod – A natural association with water. Blue and white are classic colors for a Cape Cod bath but rustic reds, beiges and dark browns work too.
4) Modern – Reflective surfaces, glass block, tile, stainless steel, mirror, enamel coupled with a minimalist approach and open space create modern.
5) Country – Think organic. Stone, woven grasses, wood, plants and earth tones give a pastoral feel. Add charm with a claw footed bathtub.
6) Rustic – It is a weathered mountain utilitarian vibe with handmade pine, wrought iron and woven mats on textured stone or wide plank wood floors.
7) French – Refined and opulent, it makes use of gold color, pattern, architecture and wallpaper for a casual elegance that’s Old World.