JUNE HOME TIPS
- Check operation of attic fans and roof-mounted turbine vents.
- Caulk exterior joints around window and doors.
- Clean and seal decks. You’ll need three warm, sunny days. Day 1: dry out the deck. Day 2: Apply deck cleaner and scrub the deck on the second day and let it dry 24 hours. Day 3: apply deck sealer.
- Hire a certified chimney sweep to inspect and clean chimneys. Doing this now instead of the fall allows plenty of time for repairs and it’s easier to schedule a sweep.
- Wash the house exterior, using ordinary garden hose pressure and a mild detergent. Beware of pressure washers they can damage siding or force water under and could encourage mildew and rot.
- Clean lint from the entire clothes dryer vent system, from the dryer to the exterior vent cap.
- Inspect and repair or repaint all patio and deck furniture.